Financial Data and Credit Analyst (Mexico)
Our client offers a financial platform designed to support omni channel brands at scale, allowing founders access to working capital solutions.
Some of their recent achievements include:
- Named one of BuiltIn’s Best Startups to Work for in NYC in 2023 🚀
- Acquired Upside Financing in Q4’22 🆙
- Raised $40mm in our Series A in Q4’21 🤑
- Grew to 100 Employees in 2023, with teammates across 7 countries 🌎
We are seeking a Financial Data Analyst and In this role, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the underwriting and risk assessment team. Your primary focus will be on conducting comprehensive data analysis to facilitate lending decisions for customers. Your contributions will help the company make informed choices in extending financial support to these brands, ultimately driving their success in the marketplace. In this role, you will serve as an integral member of the Credit team, reporting directly to the Head of Underwriting.
Beyond your experience, we are also looking for someone who is proficient in US GAAP accounting, excels at multitasking and possesses impeccable English language communication skills in both written and verbal.
This role is 100% work from home.
Shift Schedule: Monday-Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST OR 9:00 am - 12:00 pm EST with a time tracker, and the remaining 5 hours at your discretion.
Rate paid in USD: 12 per hour
- Manage a growing pipeline of credit applications from new and existing customers, across several credit product
- Ensure timely and complete collection of documents, including bank and accounting data, required for credit reviews.
- Own data entry tasks and preliminary credit analysis, and ensure completeness of three financial statements prior to hand off to underwriters.
- Assist other Credit team members on all aspects of underwriting, portfolio management, and ad hoc projects as needed.
- Provide critical insights and recommendations to aid in loan approval processes.
- Ensure the integrity and precision of financial data.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process enhancement and communicate suggestions effectively.
- Articulate complex accounting and financial concepts clearly to team members.
- Maintain meticulous attention to detail in all data entry tasks.
- Adapt quickly to evolving requirements and challenges in a dynamic environment.
- At least three (3) years of experience at a global financial institution.
- At least two (2) years of experience with financial modeling and credit analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of key concepts used in commercial lending and U.S. GAAP accounting.
- Strong familiarity with financial statements
- Strong problem-solving skills with an accounting perspective.
- Impeccable attention to detail to ensure data accuracy.
- Prior experience as an accountant and or credit analyst at a reputable firm is highly preferred
- Proficiency in Excel and other relevant data analysis tools.
- Superb interpersonal skills across a variety of communication styles.
- Proactive and assertive approach to identifying process improvements.
- Extreme intellectual and personal integrity.
- Capable of operating in a fast paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Windows/Mac devices accepted: either
- Work from home
- Access to diverse projects
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Collaboration with diverse teams
- No commute time
- No dress code (unless there’s a meeting!)
- Eco-friendly work lifestyle
- Exposure to a multicultural team
- Potential for long-term engagement
- Improved work-life balance
About 1840 & Company
1840 & Company is a global leader in Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and remote talent solutions, dedicated to propelling businesses forward through our comprehensive suite of services. We specialize in connecting companies with world-class freelance professionals and delivering top-tier outsourcing services, across over 150 countries worldwide.
Our mission is to empower growth for forward-thinking businesses, seamlessly bridging any skill or resource gaps with our expertly vetted talent pool. We firmly believe in fostering an environment where exceptional individuals can achieve an optimal work-life balance, working remotely from any location, while maximizing their professional growth and earning potential.
We are headquartered in Overland Park, KS, USA with service delivery facilities in the Philippines, India, Ukraine, South Africa and Argentina. We invite you to explore the opportunities we offer and consider joining our exclusive network of global freelance talent. Visit www.1840andco.com to learn more about us. To explore a wealth of career opportunities and find a role that suits your unique skills and aspirations, please visit our dedicated jobs portal at jobs.1840andco.com